CREW – 2193
Venturing is an inclusive program through the Boy Scouts of America for males and females aged 14-21 (or 13 and completed the 8th grade). It’s operated through Venturing Crews, units of youth and advisors that meet on set schedules and plan activities and events for youth like you! To find a crew near you and join the fun, visit “Be A Scout”!
- Experience a program that is fun and full of challenge and adventure.
- Acquire skills in the area of their crew’s specialty.
- Become a skilled training and program resource for other youth groups.
- Experience positive leadership from adult and youth leaders and be given opportunities to take on leadership roles.
- Learn to make ethical choices throughout their lives by instilling the values of the Scout Oath and Law.
- Have a chance to learn and grow in a supportive, caring, and fun environment.
- Adventure – Mentoring, leading, and participating in crew-led adventures.
- Leadership – Ongoing leadership development through training, mentoring, and hands-on leadership.
- Personal Growth – Goal-setting in support of personal growth.
- Service – Leading and participating in community service.
Ideals – Venturers are expected to know and live by the Scout Oath and Law, ideals of Scouting created to inspire a culture of servant leadership, both inside and outside of Venturing.
Group Identity – Venturers are not asked to conform to a set uniform. Instead, they have the opportunity to create their own standards for attire at their events and meetings, as they see fit.
Service – Venturers serve their local and distant communities through personal and group service as the crew plans activities and individuals make progress through the Venturing awards program.